School Policy: Useful Facts from A to Z
This page is a glossary of terms detailing the organizational structure and various other facts relating to Education Express. It is also a useful guide to daycare facilities in NE.
Age Range Accepted
We accept children between six weeks and 13 years of age. It is our desire to provide age appropriate care and education to all ages accepted through our enrollment process.
At Education Express we understand that no child is alike and that some children need extra time dedicated to them to ensure they can be successful. No child is turned away because of behavior issues that is within the means for the staff to handle and honors the safety of other children in our care. We strive to partner with you as the parent to find ways to overcome any troubles your child may be facing. Education Express has found that by having a partnership with parents to tackle any behavior problems is a more successful route than terminating care.
Once you are ready to enroll your child with us, please set up an appointment so we can best assist you. We will be glad to take the time to inform you about everything you need to know, including the relevant paperwork. You can make an appointment over the phone at (402) 502-2071(LaVista) and (402) 504-1194(West Dodge) or by filling out our contact form. We always appreciate your visit!
Little children often get sick. You should keep your child at home throughout the duration of the illness so as to expedite the healing process and avoid getting the other children sick. When your child is ready to return to day care, we would appreciate a note from their doctor indicating that they are free from contagions.
We understand many children have dietary restrictions due to allergies, religious beliefs and/or personal preferences. Should you wish to limit or forbid certain food items for any reason, please notify us beforehand and we will ensure that no offensive food item is served to your child.
Education Express Partners with the local school districts of each location to ensure that all children are prepared for the next step in life which is Kindergarten. Education Express also partners with the school districts and their early intervention programs to make sure that children who need a little extra academic help are not left behind. Any time this happens it is per request of the parent.
Children need to be engaged at several levels. We provide programs to exercise your child’s mind and body with programs like:
- Baby Basics- Tummy time, reading time, and early introduction to sign language, colors, shapes, and numbers
- Toddler Tune up- Introduction to preschool, curriculum focuses on colors, numbers, shapes, letters, weather, and the calendar. Our focus is to expand their attention span and have them ready for our preschool program.
- Early Learning Pre-K program- Preschooler Program: Early Literacy Program The Letter People, curriculum is taught to ensure your child’s success upon entering Kindergarten. Our Preschool teachers work with the local school districts requirements to make sure each child is ready to start their journey in school. Curriculum is well thought out and planned each week by the teachers and approved by the directors. Preschool focuses on early introduction to reading, math, social studies, and science. The program is highly praised by parents of our center. We also assure that the program meets each individual child’s needs to ensure success.
- The preschool classrooms focus in on a letter each week and a theme each week. The preschool teachers prepare a weekly curriculum that is presented and taught to the children at a level they understand. Even though the curriculum is planned out your child’s teachers are paying very close attention to what the kids are interested in and branch the curriculum and learning out from there.
Each center offers great programs and activities for your child:
- Happy Feet Soccer Skills Program
- Dance, Dance, Dance program
- Tailored Fitness Program
- Celebrations of each Holiday
Monthly Parents Newsletter
We want you informed about activities provided at our child-friendly facilities. We publish a monthly parents newsletter to do just this.